Date last modified: March 29, 2018
2. Non-Personal Information.
When you access the Site from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
We keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, including but not limited to:
- Time spent on Site pages.
- Buttons clicked and page interaction by Users when using the Site.
- Number of events logged.
- Number of gifts purchased.
When a User follows a link provided by us in order to purchase an item from a Third Party Site, we only track and log that a purchase was made. If a User makes a purchase through Amazon, Amazon sends us a list of items purchased, price of each such purchased item and the total value of all purchases made. We will not collect any information from a purchase that associates the purchased item with that User’s account.
3. Information We Collect Automatically Through Your Use of Our Site.
We also use Facebook Pixel, a web analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site. Facebook uses “cookies”, “web beacons” and/or “pixel tags” to help the Site analyze how Users use the Site. You can find out more information about Facebook Pixel by visiting: www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616.
4. Personal Information.
We collect Personal Information Users provide to us, for example when a User creates or modifies its account, registers to use our Site, requests information from us, contacts customer support, or otherwise communicates with us. This Personal Information may include:
- Name and username of Users.
- Email address.
- Account passwords (held by Amazon Web Services).
- Birthday of Users.
- Gender of Users.
- Personal interests provided by Users.
- Details of past purchases made in connection with the Site provided by Users.
- Search queries on the Site.
In order to provide Enrolled Users with the best possible gift recommendations, Enrolled Users will be asked to provide, and we may collect, certain information about their gift recipients. This information may include:
- Event dates and types added to the Enrolled User’s calendar.
- Interests of gift recipients.
- Names of gift recipients.
- Relationships of gift recipients.
- Birthdates of gift recipients.
- Gender of gift recipients.
In the process of creating an account, you are given the option of connecting your Gift Guru account to your Facebook account. If you choose to sign up using a Facebook account, we will obtain certain information from your Facebook profile. At this time, we will be collecting Users’ names, email addresses, birthdates, and genders from their connected Facebook accounts.
When purchases are made on an affiliated Third Party Site, we do not collect any personal purchasing information from the purchaser. If Enrolled Users wish to update their Personal Information, they may do so on their profile’s “Settings” page on the Site.
5. How Gift Guru Uses Your Non-Personal Information.
We use third party services to track User activity and interaction on the Site. This information provides us with valuable insights including, how Users are using the Site and trends in Site activity. These insights will help us when making future Site improvements to ensure the Users’ experience on the Site is as user-friendly as possible. Certain Non-Personal Information will also help us to improve Site security and reduce fraudulent activity.
6. How Gift Guru Uses Your Personal Information.
- To Provide Services and Information. We collect and use your Personal Information in order to register and service your account, provide the services you request in connection with your use of the Site, communicate with you and improve our User’s experience. We use the email addresses provided by Users to communicate with Users by sending emails regarding upcoming events on User calendars, promotions, and updates to the Site. The Personal Information we collect allows us to enhance user experience by customizing recommendations for each User based on the interests of their gift recipients.
- Sharing with Third Parties. We may provide information to third party service providers that help us operate and manage our Site. These service providers may have access to your Personal Information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
- Your Consent. We may share your Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Gift Guru when we have your consent to do so.
7. Your Rights Regarding Use of Your Personal Information.
8. Information Protection.
The Site and all data are stored and managed through Amazon Web Services. This allows us to implement security measures in order to protect your information and privacy. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Users should take steps to protect their own information. These steps include choosing a strong password for your account and not disclosing your password to others. Despite the implementation of these security measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Users agree to accept these risks by using or accessing the Site. If you believe your account information has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Children Under 13.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at the Site or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us as children under the age of 13 are prohibited from creating their own accounts or using the Site. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to terminate any accounts we believe are being used by somebody under the age of 13.
10. Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdiction outside of the United States in order to provide our Site and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Information outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information when it is transferred. By using and accessing our Site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of Personal Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
12.2. You can request a copy of the information Gift Guru has collected about you by contacting Gift Guru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Contact Us.